Coming Soon: Super Mario Bros. SUPERCUT!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

GMT - 1 Hours Coming Soon: Super Mario Bros. SUPERCUT!

Post  ThePlayerBR on 2/14/2017, 4:53 pm

Firstly: What the hell is Super Mario Bros. SUPERCUT ?

(You dont know? Neutral  Don't worry, buddy. I'll tell ya. cheers)

    Super Mario Bros. SUPERCUT is a project that i idealized some days ago and decided to put it to work. Its a remake of the good 'n old Super Mario Brothers made in Unimaker, of course, but with some modifications that i believe would make the game even better than it already is.
My idea is that it would have things like:

*Extended levels;
*Surprisingly, Backtracking;
*Shockingly, Scenario exploration;
*Moderated difficulty;

And all that and more keeping the nostalgia and layout of the old SMB!

(are you happy now?  bounce Good to know.)
    Anway, i wanna know your opinion! If the project gets enough support, ill continue going on with it. Expect a preview with the first level very soon. Thanks for reading AAAAAAAAAAAAAND... Goodbye!
avatar
ThePlayerBR
Rank: Junior Member (Lvl: 1)
Rank: Junior Member (Lvl: 1)

Posts : 3
Join date : 2017-01-05
Age : 23
Location : My House

Back to top Go down

GMT - 1 Hours Re: Coming Soon: Super Mario Bros. SUPERCUT!

Post  The Flash on 2/14/2017, 5:49 pm

@ThePlayerBR wrote:Firstly: What the hell is Super Mario Bros. SUPERCUT ?

(You dont know? Neutral  Don't worry, buddy. I'll tell ya. cheers)

    Super Mario Bros. SUPERCUT is a project that i idealized some days ago and decided to put it to work. Its a remake of the good 'n old Super Mario Brothers made in Unimaker, of course, but with some modifications that i believe would make the game even better than it already is.
My idea is that it would have things like:

*Extended levels;
*Surprisingly, Backtracking;
*Shockingly, Scenario exploration;
*Moderated difficulty;

And all that and more keeping the nostalgia and layout of the old SMB!

(are you happy now?  bounce Good to know.)
    Anway, i wanna know your opinion! If the project gets enough support, ill continue going on with it. Expect a preview with the first level very soon. Thanks for reading AAAAAAAAAAAAAND... Goodbye!
Well...
Its not a very good idea.
Its not original.
A lot of people already have done those kind of levels. "remakes" of  1-1
If you wanna make difference try do other things, or do levels like Nintendo does
avatar
The Flash
Rank: Gold Member (Lvl: 3)
Rank: Gold Member (Lvl: 3)

Posts : 570
Join date : 2016-09-10
Location : Brasil. Just that

Back to top Go down

GMT - 1 Hours Re: Coming Soon: Super Mario Bros. SUPERCUT!

Post  Nickolas0311 on 2/15/2017, 11:50 am

well......you can do it in 1.0 BUT NOT IN 1.1. because im going to do a pack with remakes of all the levels in smb1, but they will be VERY VERY different than the originals. And......i am creating smb1 templates for 1.1 (in unimaker style, of course):
castle 

underground

underwater
overworld already exists in unimaker but SNOW overworld dont:
(i havent finished the ground yet)
what do you think of my smb1 templates?
avatar
Nickolas0311
Rank: Regular Member (Lvl: 4)
Rank: Regular Member (Lvl: 4)

Posts : 132
Join date : 2016-06-03

Back to top Go down

GMT - 1 Hours Re: Coming Soon: Super Mario Bros. SUPERCUT!

Post  RSupertheGreat on 2/25/2017, 1:56 am

Those are awesome tilesets. If only we could post something in Unimaker 1.1 sub-forum..
avatar
RSupertheGreat
Rank: Normal Member (Lvl: 1)
Rank: Normal Member (Lvl: 1)

Posts : 36
Join date : 2016-10-31
Age : 16
Location : Probably in Malaysia.

Back to top Go down

GMT - 1 Hours Re: Coming Soon: Super Mario Bros. SUPERCUT!

Post  Rd Ctrlr on 2/25/2017, 4:12 pm

Neat templates, bro. I like the semisolid platforms as well. Don't have many of those in UniMaker, now do they?
avatar
Rd Ctrlr
Rank: Normal Member (Lvl: 2)
Rank: Normal Member (Lvl: 2)

Posts : 43
Join date : 2017-01-06
Age : 16
Location : Somewhere in another multiverse. Don't follow me there.

http://multritale.wikia.com/wiki/MULTRITALE_Wiki

Back to top Go down

GMT - 1 Hours Re: Coming Soon: Super Mario Bros. SUPERCUT!

Post  Numa on 3/1/2017, 5:26 pm

@Nickolas0311 wrote:well......you can do it in 1.0 BUT NOT IN 1.1. because im going to do a pack with remakes of all the levels in smb1

Oh, excuse me, I did not know that if two people had the same idea, the latter has to resign to it because someone thought about it before.
OP, make your Supercut levels. If they are interesting and different enough, people will care about them. However, I would create my own levels instead of remixing them, but I get your decision. Level design is hard. Like, really hard.

Oh, by the way, Nickolas, those templates look gorgeous.
avatar
Numa
Rank: Junior Member (Lvl: 1)
Rank: Junior Member (Lvl: 1)

Posts : 4
Join date : 2017-03-01

Back to top Go down

GMT - 1 Hours Re: Coming Soon: Super Mario Bros. SUPERCUT!

Post  The Flash on 3/2/2017, 6:24 pm

@Numa wrote:
Oh, excuse me, I did not know that if two people had the same idea, the latter has to resign to it because someone thought about it before.
OP, make your Supercut levels. If they are interesting and different enough, people will care about them. However, I would create my own levels instead of remixing them, but I get your decision. Level design is hard. Like, really hard.

Oh, by the way, Nickolas, those templates look gorgeous.
You can do it.
But I don't think its a good idea. Because a lot of people do their first level like super mario bros 1-1 (some people do the rest of the world).
But I guess its better make a level that no one did before.
avatar
The Flash
Rank: Gold Member (Lvl: 3)
Rank: Gold Member (Lvl: 3)

Posts : 570
Join date : 2016-09-10
Location : Brasil. Just that

Back to top Go down

GMT - 1 Hours Re: Coming Soon: Super Mario Bros. SUPERCUT!

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum